INTERVIEW: EXO’s Suho Remarks Never Seeing Acting As Daunting

Idols often face acting challenges, but for EXO’s leader Suho, acting isn’t a hurdle. He sees being an entertainer as just part of his job.

Recently, he spoke with local media at SM Entertainment in Seoul to mark the conclusion of the MBN weekend drama Missing Crown Prince.

In this Joseon-era romantic comedy, Suho played Crown Prince Lee Geon, navigating life crises and palace secrets.

Despite having experience in various dramas and movies, Suho expressed that handling 20 episodes wasn’t overwhelming for him. He chuckled, recalling his initial thoughts, “‘Can we really film 20 episodes?’ It felt different, though.” He added that positive feedback on the drama enabled the team to persevere enthusiastically until its conclusion.

While known primarily as an EXO member, Suho ventured into historical drama to reach a broader audience.

He humorously noted how middle-aged fans now recognize him as the crown prince, which he sees as expanding his fan base.

While working on my work, a lot of middle-aged people recognize me. When I go to a restaurant, people ask me if I’m the crown prince. I don’t know if they’ve become fans.”

Reflecting on his debut in historical drama, Suho aimed to impress his parents and hopes to build on this experience for future projects.

The reason I took on the challenge was because I wanted my mother and father to be more aware of my work. I still have a long way to go. Rather than solidifying my position, I started to have expectations that I might be able to work on the next project.”

Suho’s commitment to his roles, whether in music or acting, is evident. He trained rigorously for his latest role and appreciates the challenges of romantic acting in a historical setting.

I trained a lot under pressure. I was fortunate to receive good reviews. Whether it is an album or acting, I do my best by immersing myself in everything I can do without missing every minute. I have no regrets about it.

Admitting to apprehensions about his romantic scenes with Hong Ye Ji, Suho reflected on the challenges of portraying romance, especially in the context of the Joseon Dynasty, where physical intimacy raised additional concerns for him.

Honestly, I doubted if it was portrayed convincingly. It seemed to lean more towards cuteness and humor. The circumstances shaped it that way. It felt like a tragic love story akin to ‘Romeo and Juliet’ that might never materialize, continuing until Part 19.”

Acting isn’t just a diversion for Suho; it’s a passion he’s cultivated since youth, balancing it alongside his music career with EXO. He enrolled in the acting department of Hanyejong School, where notable actors like Kim Go-eun, Kim Seong-cheol, and Lim Ji-yeon also studied.

I didn’t pursue acting solely due to the short lifespan of an idol. I’ve had a knack for acting since my twenties, and from the moment I joined SM, I envisioned balancing both singing and acting. I wanted to receive proper training in acting, so I applied to university and fortunately found it enjoyable. Singing allows for self-expression, and I discovered a unique charm in acting.

He stressed that he views acting as a natural part of his career, not merely a challenge.

Honestly, I’ve never seen acting as a challenge; it feels innate. For celebrities, like debuting as a singer, entertainment comes naturally. With more personal time during EXO’s activities, I began releasing solo albums and pursuing acting. Acting is just a natural progression.”

Suho’s standout performance in Missing Crown Prince concluded with its 20th episode on the 16th.


 

Spread K-Drama Love

The post INTERVIEW: EXO’s Suho Remarks Never Seeing Acting As Daunting appeared first on kdramadiary.



INTERVIEW: EXO’s Suho Remarks Never Seeing Acting As Daunting
Source: Pinoy Student Wars

Post a Comment

0 Comments